Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. ulto1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

SM 9.52 codeless - Change does not move to next phase when all tasks are closed

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

I need your help please.
SM 9.52.
When I was using SM 9.30 this feature was working properly. When Last task is closed: "close this phase" action was working perfectly. Now in SM 9.52 PD codeless, this feature doesn't work. 
Can someone tell me if it is a bug? I don't want to create a script since we have this functionality OOB. 

Please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: SM 9.52 codeless - Change does not move to next phase when all tasks are closed

Jump to solution

Actually the building blocks are almost all ready in SM. Check ScriptLibrary called RequestService. There is a function called hasOpenTasks. As a name says, it checks if a request contain open tasks or not.

In Request Task workflow, I added a ruleset to Close phase (After successful enter), which contains a rule which condition is

jscall("RequestService.hasOpenTasks",parent.request in $L.file)=false 

All the ruleset does then is to run a save operation on parent request which triggers automatic transition. In Request workflow, I've an automatic transition between implementation and closure phases. Its RAD condition is again:

jscall("RequestService.hasOpenTasks",number in $L.file)=false

Of course every implementation and workflow is a bit different. For example closure wizards or fields may require some input before advancing from phase to another is possible.

It might also be possible to launch a backend transition from Request task towards parent Request,  but I couldn't make it work.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: SM 9.52 codeless - Change does not move to next phase when all tasks are closed

Jump to solution

I'm not aware Codeless SM supports OOB automatic transition from phase to another, when the phase's last task is closed. (If there is, it's well hidden...) Don't know why it's not included OOB in a codeless version of SM.

I've added to Request task's workflow (phase: Closure) additional ruleset that checks, if the task was the last active one. If it is, JavaScript activates parent request and moves it to next phase.

EDIT: Disclaimer, the version I use is SM 9.41

---
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. ulto1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Kelalek,

Thank you for your reply.
Could you please help me with the script. Could you please share it? 
Thanks

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Actually the building blocks are almost all ready in SM. Check ScriptLibrary called RequestService. There is a function called hasOpenTasks. As a name says, it checks if a request contain open tasks or not.

In Request Task workflow, I added a ruleset to Close phase (After successful enter), which contains a rule which condition is

jscall("RequestService.hasOpenTasks",parent.request in $L.file)=false 

All the ruleset does then is to run a save operation on parent request which triggers automatic transition. In Request workflow, I've an automatic transition between implementation and closure phases. Its RAD condition is again:

jscall("RequestService.hasOpenTasks",number in $L.file)=false

Of course every implementation and workflow is a bit different. For example closure wizards or fields may require some input before advancing from phase to another is possible.

It might also be possible to launch a backend transition from Request task towards parent Request,  but I couldn't make it work.

---
Trusted Contributor.. Reddy_reddy Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you

I sucessfully implemented this to Change with Tasks....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.