ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SM 9.x blank login page

Jump to solution

Hi folks,

I'm facing this wierd issue that I'm just not able to resolve. I've got SM 7.11 and SM 9.21 running on the same machine and both servers are up fine. I can log into both using the thick client at the same time.

I've got Apache/Java correctly installed and web access to SM 7.11 is also enabled.

The problem I'm having is that even though all the parameters in the web.xml are correctly defined/configured, I can't get past a blank login page for the SM 9.21 installation. It just shows 'localhost' as the ie tab heading with no page at all. I change the URL exetension from 921 to 711 and the page loads just fine -- proof that apache/java are configured correctly.

Would you be able to highlight what I can do to get around this?

Thanks,
GB

p.s. sm/apache logs don't seem to suggest any errors either!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try these suggestions in these order:

1) remove tomcat cache by stopping tomcat, deleting contents of the tomcat work folder and restarting

2) stop tomcat, move the 7.1 war file and folder out of tomcat webapps folder, remove tomcat cache and restart tomcat and see if 9.2 works on its own

3) check if you need tomcat 6 to get 9.2 to work. Maybe different tomcat version is required for different sm versions.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What are the links on which you are logging? Ports?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hey,

Well, it's a simple http://localhost:8080/921/index.do. The web.xml points to localhost:14080 for 921 and localhost:13080 for 711. http://localhost:8080/711/index.do works just fine, but I just can't seem to get the 921 page up. I don't see any errors either, it's just a blank page!!

Thanks,

GB

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Strange, last time i had 2 9.x servers on one machine and as I remember there was no problem with that (of course maybe i am mistaken as i 99% work in eclipse). You said that you tried to rewrite war files?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Nope, no rewriting of war files. I deployed them as is, then modified the web.xml files.

I can log in fine using eclipse as well, so there is no issues with the server being up.

this is driving me nuts!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try these suggestions in these order:

1) remove tomcat cache by stopping tomcat, deleting contents of the tomcat work folder and restarting

2) stop tomcat, move the 7.1 war file and folder out of tomcat webapps folder, remove tomcat cache and restart tomcat and see if 9.2 works on its own

3) check if you need tomcat 6 to get 9.2 to work. Maybe different tomcat version is required for different sm versions.

View solution in original post

If you are using IE for your browser, try changing the setting for "check for newer versions of stored pages" from automatic to every visit. I've seen similar issues with switching between the ess.do and index.do page in 711 since they share many common elements. Also may try logging out of one befor accessing the other.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Gauravb,

I recommend checking the jar files in the .... C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\common\endorsed directory.  Different versions of SM require different versions of variouis jar files.  Make sure you use the jars that came from your installation cd or iso image found in the ....\Redistributables\Java\Endorsed folder.  Copy them to your ....\common\endorsed folder.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.