tsenneset Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

SM Collaboration (SM 9.41) and Microsoft Office Lync 2013 integration

Hi!

I'm having some trouble enabling Lync integration with the new SM Collaboration functionality in SM 9.41. So far I've got SMC up & running inside SM and I have verified that SMC/Openfire is able to connect to our Lync server (at least the log files says so...)

SM Collaboration is enabled inside SM and Enable ESS Lync User is checked. I have also verified that the SIP-account used for Lync is working via signing into Lync and sending a message to another Lync user.

Still I am not able to see Lync status for users not signed in to HPSM and I am not able to communicate with Lync users (ie: those not signed in to SM).

Extract from ..\lyncagent\log.txt:

2016-01-28 14:42:20,608 [20] INFO LyncAgent - LyncAgent state: SignedOut, signing in ...
2016-01-28 14:42:20,655 [20] INFO LyncAgent - LyncAgent is signing in server ...
2016-01-28 14:42:20,842 [28] INFO LyncAgent - LyncAgent sign in server successfully.
2016-01-28 14:42:22,404 [28] INFO MessageReceiver - Connected to JMS server successfully.
2016-01-28 14:42:22,404 [28] INFO LyncAgent - Starting LyncAgent status monitor ...
2016-01-28 14:42:22,404 [28] INFO LyncAgent - LyncAgent status monitor started.
2016-01-28 14:42:22,404 [28] INFO LyncAgent - LyncAgent is ready for service.

Any hints? 

--
Thore
0 Likes
5 Replies
Jhonny_C_SM Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: SM Collaboration (SM 9.41) and Microsoft Office Lync 2013 integration

Greetings.

I would like to know if you can provide the document or information where you retrieve how to integrate Collaboration with lync, this because a lot documentation is available but there are errors on them or they don't explain much of the steps to be taken. Also if you can send screenshots of the problem as example.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I used the guide found in KM01949030, and there really isn't any point in screen shots. Neither SM nor Openfire gives any kind of error messages. Chat between operators logged in to Service Manager is working well. Problem is simple: Openfire does not read presence/statuses from Lync and it does not pass SM Collaboration Chat Messages on to Lync. As i said in my last post; The Lync agent starts, logs in to Lync, and says that login was successful and the agent is running.

The Openfire service runs as the same user that "owns" the SIP-address used for SMC.

What i fear is that the documentation does not mention configurations needed done on Lync server side.

--
Thore
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

One of my customer was facing the same issue where all the ESS user which were online in Lync and not login to SM web client were facing the same issue

We ask customer to verify all steps mentioned in SMC_Deployment.pdf from page 59 to page 63 are done.

They found that open fire service ( openfire.exe) was running but it was not running under correct account.

As mentioned in SMC_Deployment.pdf 

In page 63

Caution: To integrate with Microsoft Office Lync, follow these steps to specify the log on account for the Openfire service before starting it as a standard Windows service:

custumer bind a account of the lync but not the administrator of this machine 

So the service cannot start Lync successful 

This is a MS (Microsoft) defect. 

So we stop open fire service and start openfire.exe manually from command prompt with run as administrator mode.

After that issue was solved and you can see ESS user in collaboration chat which are online through Lync.

Are you facing the same issue?

Thanks & Regards

Animesh

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I have implemented the all of the steps in pages 59-63 including the account set-up (using an actual admin account with a SIP-address/Lync-account)

Starting Openfire manually as admin gives result as in attached screenshots. All looks well but no improvement on Lync-integration.

Again, I ask myself, are there required steps on Lync server side that needs to be done for this to work...

--
Thore
0 Likes
Established Member.. iawad
Established Member..

Hello guys,

have you had any luck on this one, I've just faced it. Everything is working fine for collaboration except for Lync integration.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.