Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

SM-Propel Support Tip : How to show value in catalog information tab in IM ticket coming from propel

CURRENT SCENARIO : Currently when the ticket is opened in propel, The SD ticket related to propel show value in catalog information tab of SD ticket which is coming from propel. When the SD is related to IM, the same catalog information is not passed to the IM ticket.

REQUIREMENT : To show value in catalog information tab in IM ticket which is seen in catalog information tab of SD ticket when the ticket is opened from propel.

The following steps will achieve this requirement.

1 Add a field svc.options in my dbdict probsummary.

Refer to attached screen shot Screen1.png

2 on the form im.incident.subform.categorizationandassignment add a dynamic form with input as svc.options

Refer to attached screen shot Screen2.png

3 In service catalog->tailoring->Catalog Connectors

Go to “Open an Incident” and in expression tab add the line

svc.options in $L.file=options in $L.cartItem

Refer to attached screen shot Screen3.png

4 for testing select one catalog where interface type is “Open an Incident”. So I selected “Request Password Reset”.

In user selection tab of Request Password Reset I added two fields

Name

5 Login to propel and do an SM propel aggregation. Go to support request and select “Request Password Reset” and put the below details

Refer to attached screen shot Screen4.png

6 Click on submit and propel ticket is created. The SD ID related to this ticket is SD10206.

Refer to attached screen shot Screen5.png

7 Go to SD ticket created i.e. SD10206 in SM.

Catalog information tab shows the value which is coming from propel

i.e.

Name Animesh Rajani

Age 33

Go to related record tab of SD ticket and you can see IM ticket is created as interface type for connector was “Open an Incident” for this catalog.

8 double click on that IM ticket and check the catalog information tab and it shows

Name Animesh Rajani

Age 33

So we can now see the value in catalog information tab in IM ticket which is also seen in catalog information tab of SD ticket when the ticket is opened and value is passed from propel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.