Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

SM Smart search is not working properly and we need it to be able to search tasks also.

Hello Experts,

I have two concerns today.

1. We are using SM version 9.51 in which the smart search is not pulling the result correctly. Attached the snapshots for clarity. I am not sure why it is not doing the search properly and get us matching results.

2. If we make it work well, we also want to be able to search Request, Incident, Problem tasks through smart search. Currently only parent tickets are searchable through smart search.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachment: The ticket that Is open on my screen, but when I search it in a smart search is shows no result.

Thanks,

USSKT.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SM Smart search is not working properly and we need it to be able to search tasks also.

What happens when you use the filters? All or specific process

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: SM Smart search is not working properly and we need it to be able to search tasks also.

Very Clever. It works. When i select ticket type like i searched an RF ticket so i click request in search and pulled result. Great. But can't we search generically without those filters and directly search incident and request etc. 

Secondly, if not search without filters, how can I make tasks searchable like adding "Incident Task" and search for any tasks number and find the result. How can I do that?

Thanks,

USSKT.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

you can do tweaking and extra configuration following the online documentation(have not tried myself)

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Manager:9.64/ConfigureSmartSearch

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Actually my bad. For your version 9.51 there are some licensing requirements, assuming you have smart analytics license. you should follow in the 9.51 help center(in your web client or windows client) topic about "Searching records".

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 09.58.07.png

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

We have the licenses in place. But I could not find a help full document on how to configure the smart search to include tasks anywhere. 

I want to have the library to have IncidentTask's, RequestTask's, ProblemTask's as an option while searching for a record. Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks.

USSKT.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You need to manually create those knowledge sclib libraries (one each for Incident, Problem, Change and Request tasks), look at the other libraries as examples and then once created index them index them.

Tasks are not indexed out of the box.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.