Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

(SM) Support Tip: Attachments with filenames greater than 60 characters will fail to index

There may be times when an attachment has a very long file name. This could be a pdf or a Microsoft Word document. When this attachment is indexed by Knowledge Management for Smart Analytics/IDOL these attachments will fail with the following errors seen in the sm.log file. Example below:

RTE I sqlserver: Length (88 bytes) of data for field filename in kmattachmenttoken exceeds max (60 bytes), truncated

Currently the field 'filename', located in the kmattachmenttoken dbdict is varchar(60). This field can be lengthened to varchar(256) thus solving the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: (SM) Support Tip: Attachments with filenames greater than 60 characters will fail to index

Hi

How this table is used in SM ?

Can you explain shortly, because it looks like a feature my customer would like to have :

to be able to create a attachment that returns a token, an the token can be used in several documents.

I will appreciated if you can clarify the utility of this table in SM

Thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.