(SM) Support Tip: How to configure Smart Analytics automatic backup
The following steps will configure automatic backup to the Smart Analytics IDOL Seach Engine.
1. Edit each content<#>.cfg file (for example: content1.cfg, content2.cfg and content3.cfg
2. Find the SCHEDULE section
3. Per the online Service Manager documentation the parameters will look like this:
4. Note above that the BackupInterval looks like this BackupInterval=24
5. Replace the value 24 with a 0 so it looks like this: BackupInterval=0
6. Each cfg file should look like this (also note that the BackupTime=00:00. Make sure the current setting is 00:00)
Note that the BackupDir can be different, However, with that said ensure there are no spaces in the path. Support has found that even using quotes with spaces doesn't work.
7. Save each content<#>.cfg file
8. Stop and restart all IDOL services
9. Depending on the time of day the above steps were implemented vs the BackupTime you might need to wait from 48 to 72 hours
9. Check every 24 hours has passed look to see if the backup directories were created and content has been backed up
10. Note that if Smart Analytics IDOL services were stopped then the 24 hour timer begins again meaning the backup may not occur until 48 hours later