(SM) Support Tip : How to improve OMi <> SM event processing performance by config multiple ports
When there is surge of OMi event traffic which is auto forwarding to SM, it gets piled up at SM. The SM cannot parallel process multiple events on a single servlet integration. To avoid event piling and to enable faster event processing, the best practice is to open multiple integration points from OMi to SM.
In order to create multiple “connected servers” in SM please follow the below steps:
1) First create multiple entries in the HOSTS file pointing same IP (SM server) as below example:
10.80.12.15 group1 group2 group3
10.80.12.15 group4 group5
Now in the above example, when the group1 is pinged, it will reach SM server 10.80.12.15
Thus, the HOST files on all Gateway and DPS servers along with the SM server needs to be updated.
2) In this example, open 5 servlets ports on the SM side which can be able to use them in “connected server” configuration.
This will make sure that traffic will be diverted through 5 different ports.
3) Now 5 “connected servers” in OMi has to be created using each of the five hostnames mentioned above
- Use the integration name as group_1 (just to know that it contains host name as group1)
- Use FQDN is SM server as group1
- Then use one of the 5 ports that was configured for this first configuration
- For “Incoming properties” only 1 of these five connections will be used in SMOMI (SM Integration Manager) for back sync to OMi. Therefore you can populate this for only 1 of the 5 connections.
- Similarly repeat the above step for the other four connections.
4) Based on the business requirement, the events can be configured in the forwarding rules at OMi.
You can divide all you events into 5 groups, some groups can be as below
- All Major events
- All Minor events
The above are just examples, you may want to divide your event traffic based on your requirement. For which, create 5 events filters and use them to create 5 Forwarding rules.
For multiple queue we need to make we do additional steps on SM end to enable the back sync
As of version 9.34, HPE Service Manager can integrate with more than one BSM OMi server. However, by default, only one OMi server is allowed. If you need to integrate Service Manager with more than one OMi server, you need to configure the Instance Count setting in the SMOMi integration template, as described below.
- Log on to Service Manager as a system administrator.
- Type db in the command line, and press Enter.
In the Table field, type SMISRegistry, and click Search.
3. The SMIS integration template form opens. > Click Search.
4. A list of SMIS integration templates opens> Select SMOMi from the list.
In the Instance Count field, change the value of 1 to the number of OMi servers that you want to integrate with Service Manager. For example, if you need two OMi servers, change the value to 2.
This will enable the backsync from SM to OMi from multiple ports.