(SM) Support Tip: How to increase the heap settings in the SOLR Search Engine
What steps are needed to increase or modify the java heap settings for the Apache SOLR Search Engine used by Service Manager Knowledge Management?
The following steps should be applied only after determining the java heap settings need to be modied. Additionally it should be determined that the system to be modied has enough physical memory to support an increase in the values listed below. In just about every case the default values are appropriate for Service Manager Knowledge Management.
1. Shut down the SOLR Search Engine
2. Navigate to <SOLR>\tomcat\bin
3. Edit the setenv.bat (setenv.sh if on Linux)
4. The second line has the following: set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms512m -XX:PermSize=256m -Xmx2048m
5. Change it to be set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmsm2048 -XX:PermSize=256m -Xmx4096m
7. Start SOLR