(SM) Support Tip: How to prevent automatic emails from being sent when selecting Visible To Customer
When updating a Service Manager ticket and selecting Visible To Customer an email is automatically generated and sent to the specified contact for that ticket/record. The steps below will disable the automatic sending of emails when choosing Visible To Customer.
1. Login to Service Manager as System Admin
2. Go Database Manager > ScriptLibrary
3. Search for and access the following ScriptLibrary record: RequestUtil
4. Location the following code: var visbletoCusTemplateName = "RM Visible to Customer notification";
5. Comment the line of code so it looks like this: //var visbletoCusTemplateName = "RM Visible to Customer notification";
6. Save RequestUtil
Emails will no longer be generated when selecting Visible To Customer.