(SM) Support Tip : How to purge sensitive data from DB while collecting db dump
How to purge customer sensitive data from DB while collecting db dump
What is the tool?
This tool is designed to purge customer sensitive and transaction data (business files). With tool, we have the default out-of-box (oob) business files, and can select more oob files or customized files which contain the sensitive data for customer. After purging those business data, customer then make a DB dump from this DB with full schema but no any business data for support troubleshooting or RnD assessment.
How to use the tool?
In a copy of production DB, connect SM with the DB, import the attached unload, in SM command box, input bzpurge unloads (attached below), follow the wizard to use default business files, add other oob files or customized files to business file list, and purge all the data from the selected business files.
1) Go to System Navigator > Tailoring, click “Database Manager”
2) Go to more choices menu, click “Import/Load”
3) Locate the unl file for purge tool
4) In SM command box, input “bzpurge”, and click Enter key
5) Follow the wizard step by step
6. Select additional SM tables you want to purge sensitive data to right side (please send me the additional table list for me to double check)
7) Select your added SM tables you want to purge sensitive data to right side
😎 Confirm the final list of SM tables you want to purge sensitive data
9) Confirm it is a copy of PROD database, not the PROD database.
10) Wait for the finished message.
Other OOB files are recommended to keep in system, Other customer files can be purged,
Note: Keep at least one SM operator with System Administrator user role for RnD to login SM Windows client to do upgrade assessment (sensitive fields like name, address, email should be removed of course).
Please ensure the tool is used on the DB backup and not on actual production DB.