Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

(SM) Support Tip: KM_How to set assignedEditor from kmgroup‘s operator

Requirement Explanation:

KM Document Categories (table kmcategory) could define Knowledge Groups (table kmgroup) and Profiles (table kmprofile) in Permissions tab.

Different Knowledge Groups could have different operator records.

Profiles select “KCS I Editor”

The “KCS I Editor Profile” definition is as below

The KCS I editor profile in the out-of-box system allows you to perform the following tasks:

• Contribute new knowledge documents
  • Suggest a document category or categories for published documents
  • Save draft versions of knowledge documents
  • Edit working copy knowledge documents that are assigned to the KCS I editor in the Pending Documents queue
  • View unpublished working copy documents

When Contribute Knowledge with Category selected and Click Submit, there is a Comfill for Assigned editor (field assignedEditor).

Customer would like to set the assignedEditor from kmgroup’s operator, and to set the assignedEditor according to category path if there are duplicate category names under different category path

In the OOTB examples, assignedEditor could select the operators who’s Execute Capabilities include SysAdmin or KMAdmin.

Reproducible steps in OOTB:

1 Add KM Document Categories

1.1 login as falcon/KM ADM, go to System Navigator > Knowledge Management > Configuration > KM Document Categories

1.2 Click “New”, then “Add” and enter “SAP” in field “Current category” followed by “Save”

1.3 Click “New” and enter “Internal” in field “Current category” followed by “Save”

1.4 Select “SAP” in field “Path to current category”

1.5 Click “New” and enter “External” in field “Current category” followed by “Save”

1.6 Click “Ok”

1.7 Click “New”, then “Add” and enter “Database” in field “Current category” followed by “Save”

1.8 Click “New” and enter “SAP” in field “Current category” followed by “Save”

1.9 Select “Database” in field “Path to current category”

1.10 Click “New” and enter “NonSAP” in field “Current category” followed by “Save”

2 Create two KM groups

2.1 go to System Navigator > Knowledge Management > Administration > Knowledge Groups

2.2 Enter “EVK.SAP.KCSIEditor” and add two specific users to it.

2.3 Click “Add+” and “Ok”

2.4 Enter “EVK.DATABASE.SAP.KCSIEditor” and add two (other than above!) specific users to it.

2.5 Click “Add+” and “Ok”

3 The KM Groups needs to be assigned to the categories…

3.1 go to System Navigator > Knowledge Management > Configuration > KM Document Categories

3.2 Search and select for category “SAP” from “Top-level categories”

3.3 Next, click “Details” button.

3.4 Select tab “Permissions”

3.5 Click “New”

3.6 Select “EVK.SAP.KCSIEditor” and profile “KCS I Editor”

Note: The KM group with profile are assigned to KM category “SAP”.

3.7 Click “Ok”

3.8 Search and select for category “Database” from “Top-level categories”

3.9 Next, click “Details” button.

3.10 Select subcategory “SAP”

3.11 Next, click “Details” button.

3.12 Select tab “Permissions”

3.13 Click “New”

3.14 Select “EVK.DATABASE.SAP.KCSIEditor” and profile “KCS I Editor”

Note: The KM group with profile are assigned to KM subcategory “SAP” of top category “Database”.

3.15 Click “Ok”

4 Create a Knowledge Document to verify

4.1 go to System Navigator > Knowledge Management > Contribute Knowledge

4.2 Select “Reference” as Document Type

4.3 Add a (test) title and text to reference field.

4.4 Select tab “Categorization /Flags”

4.5 Click “Add”

4.6 Select category “Database” > “SAP”

4.7 Click “Submit” (KM Document moves from phase “Draft” to “Triage”

Note: Now the fields “Document Owner” and “assigned Editor” are available

4.8 By selecting the button next to the Assigned Editor field, the list of both KM groups

Actual result: The OOTB SysAdmin and KMAdmin operators are in the list.

Expected result: To show EVK.DATABASE.SAP.KCSIEditor operators should be in the list even there are duplicated category names under different category path

Solution:

1. Go to System Navigator > Knowledge Management > Administration > Profiles, and search the profile “KCS I Editor”.
  2. Select tab "KCS II", check "Publish a working copy document internally", and click Save.
  3. Go to verify by clicking the fill button of Assigned Editor of the knowledge document created

Result: the operators of kmgroup EVK.DATABASE.SAP.KCSIEditor is in the list.

Note: no such document existed at the moment.

Labels (1)
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.