(SM) Support Tip: Logging into SRC using IE may experience latency in loading.
When logging into SRC sometimes a blank page or a page that asks the users to wait for the page to load is
presented to the user.
If you trace a user connection using RTM:3 and debugdbquery:999 you may see something similiar to the following output. A query such as below doesn't normally take as much time 40.390000:
9620( 7452) 04/08/2016 17:12:45 RTE D DBQUERYˆFˆincidents(oracle10 I)ˆ15ˆ0.000000ˆ ˆ0ˆ40.390000ˆ"category="service catalog" and (opened.by.uid="N030290" or contact.name="N030290" or callback.contact="N030290") and open~="Closed" and approval.status="approved""ˆ ˆ0.000000ˆ0.000000 ( [ 0]se.external.action call.jscript )
Login to Service Manager and add a new Nulls & Duplicates key that contains all the fields in the query above.
Notice the query contains 5 fields and takes longer then 40 seconds to return during the login process.
1. Login to Service Manager as an admin user.
2. From the command line type db to bring up the database manager.
3. Enter "incidents" in the file name field and click search.
4. Select the incidents file name if more then one record appears.
5. Click on the Keys tab.
6. Place the curson on one of the current keys.
7. Click on the New Field/Key button.
8. Select "nulls & duplicates" for the Type.
9. In the fields box enter in the field listed in the query in question.
10. Click the Plus button to add the new key.