(SM) Support Tip: Route incidents from OMW to respective assignment groups in SM based on CIs
The steps explain how to route incident tickets logged via Operations Manager Windows (OMW) in SM to different Assignment groups based on Configuration Items(CIs) using format control.
1. Tickets from Server1, Server2, Server3 which are logical.name (Affected CI) coming from OMW should get assigned to assignment group Hardware
2. Tickets from Server4, Server5, Server6 which are logical.name (Affected CI) coming from OMW should get assigned to assignment group Maintenance
Follow the below steps for the configuration :
NOTE : Make sure the unloads of the records or backup of the database is taken before making any changes and test it on a test environment first.
1. Login to windows client with falcon
2. Type fc in the command line and search for probsummary table
3. Put the following in probsummary format control Calculations :
Save the record .
Note : Here Hardware is the Assignment group which would get set if the logical.name field i.e. CI is one of these : Adobe reader, Application, Server1, Server2, gsdblrvm217.gsd.hp.com
Similarly for any CIs which should need to be routed to a particular Assignment group, similar format control entries would need to be created for each Assignment Group.
4. Put the following us.link RAD in Subroutines tab of format control :
Save the format control and click on OK. Disconnect and reconnect the session.
5. Generate a test ticket on OMW i.e. run the following on the command prompt from any path :
opcmsg a=a o=o s=critical msg_text="test"
6. A ticket is generated in SM with the Assignment group as Hardware.
Reference KM : https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00584755