Highlighted
Absent Member.. HPRB Absent Member..
Absent Member..

(SM) Support Tip: Upgrade Path to Service Manager 9.41

HP Service Manager 9.41 is available in three modes: Service Manager Codeless, Service Manager Classic, and Service Manager Hybrid.

The upgrade to SM9.41 codeless:

Recommended upgrade order from SM9.40 Codeless

1. Install theService Manager 9.41 server patch.
  2. Install theService Manager 9.41 Windows and web clients.
  3. Upgrade to theService Manager 9.41 applications using Service Manager 9.41 Applications Patch Manager.
  4. Install or upgrade other components.

Recommended upgrade order from SM9.3x with Process Designer Content Pack 9.30.3 (PDCP4) installed

1. Install theService Manager 9.40 server, and then install the Service Manager 9.41 server patch.
  3. Upgrade to theService Manager 9.41 applications using Service Manager 9.41 Upgrade Utility.
  4. Run the Process Designer Data Migration Tool to manually migrate data toService Manager 9.41 Codeless.
  5. Install or upgrade other components.

Upgrade procedure from SM9.3x with Process Designer Content Pack 9.30.1 or 9.30.2 (PDCP2 or PDCP3) installed

If you are using SM9.3x with Process Designer Content Pack 9.30.1 or 9.30.2 (PDCP2 or PDCP3) installed, you cannot upgrade applications to Service Manager Codeless directly. Instead, you can firstly upgrade the content pack version to 9.30.3 before you can further upgrade to Service Manager Codeless. For more information about the content pack upgrade, refer to Process designer content pack for SM.

Upgrade procedure from Service Manager Classic to Service Manager Codeless

Refer to the HPSM process designer migration guide and manually migrate code, configuration data, and legacy transaction data.

Upgrade procedure from Service Manager Hybrid to Service Manager Codeless

Service Manager Hybrid has all the necessary prerequisites and can be migrated to Service Manager Codeless. Refer to the HPSM process designer migration guide (Attached) and manually migrate your code.

Recommended upgrade order from SM9.40 Classic

1. Install theService Manager 41 server patch.
  2. Install theService Manager 41 Windows and web clients.
  3. Upgrade to theService Manager 41 applications using Service Manager 9.41 Applications Patch Manager.

Recommended upgrade order from SM7.1x/9.2x/9.3x without Process Designer Content Pack (PDCP) installed

1. Install theService Manager 40 server, and then install the Service Manager 9.41 server patch.
  2. Install theService Manager 41 Windows and web clients.
  3. Upgrade to theService Manager 41 applications using Service Manager 9.41 Upgrade Utility.

Recommended upgrade order from SC6.2x/SM7.0x

Note: If you are using SC6.2x or SM7.0x, you must first upgrade the applications version to 9.3x before you can further upgrade to Service Manager Classic.

1. Install theService Manager 9.40 server, and then install the Service Manager 9.41 server patch.
  3. Upgrade to theService Manager 9.34 applications using Service Manager 9.34 Upgrade Utility.
  4. Upgrade to theService Manager 9.41 applications using Service Manager 9.41 Upgrade Utility.
  5. Install or upgrade other components.

The upgrade to SM9.41 Hybrid:

Recommended upgrade order from SM9.3x with Process Designer Content Pack 9.30.2 (PDCP3) installed

3. Upgrade to theService Manager 9.41 applications using Service Manager 9.41 Upgrade Utility.

For more information, refer to HPSM Hybrid migration guide .

Upgrade procedure from SM9.3x with Process Designer Content Pack 9.30.1 (PDCP2) installed

If you are using SM9.3x with Process Designer Content Pack 9.30.1 (PDCP2) installed, you cannot upgrade applications to Service Manager Hybrid directly. Instead, you can firstly upgrade the content pack version to 9.30.2 (PDCP 3) before you can further upgrade to Service Manager Hybrid.

Unsupported upgrade/migration path for HPSM 9.41

Service Manager 9.41 does not support the following upgrades and migrations:

• Upgrade from SM9.3x with PDCP2/3/4 installed to SM9.41 Classic.
  • Upgrade from SM9.3x with PDCP4 installed to SM9.41 Hybrid.
  • Migration from SM9.40 Codeless to SM9.41 Classic.
  • Migration from SM9.41 Codeless to SM9.41 Classic.
  • Migration from SM9.41 Codeless to SM9.41 Hybrid.
  • Migration from SM9.41 Hybrid to SM9.41 Classic.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Absent Member.. HPRB Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: (SM) Support Tip: Upgrade Path to Service Manager 9.41

Classic is without Process Designer Content Pack (PDCP) installed. The upgrade path from SM9.35 will be:
  1. Install the Service Manager 9.40 server, and then install the Service Manager 9.41 server patch.
  2. Install the Service Manager 9.41 Windows and web clients.
  3. Upgrade to the Service Manager 9.41 applications using Service Manager 9.41 Upgrade Utility.
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi,

We are on HP SM v9.20 build 021. Planning to upgrade to SMv9.41 Hybrid mode.

There are about 6 change mgmt customized workflows and 1 problem management custom workflow. 

As per the steps which you had detailed, we can directly install SM 9.40 and then patch of 9.41 then follow the upgrade procedure. But I read and was told that, I need to go to  SM v9.3x first before moving to SM v9.4x . Is this right ?

Do I need to stopover at SM9.3x to go to SM 9.41 ?

plz guide.

thx

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Hazem Dessouky Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello All,

I have upgraded to SM 9.41 from SM 9.40 and i am receiving the attached error message when i apply the patch i created after reconviling and so on.

Any clue??

Best Regards,

Hazem ElDessouky

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.