Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

SM Web Service Duplication rule return error

Hi,

Does anyone know where the error gets returned for "Duplication Rule" in SM Web services?

I thought it would be in the data push adapter in ucmdb but no errors returned there.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SM Web Service Duplication rule return error

Hi Lucy,

hope you are doing fine.

After what action do you have the duplication rule validation message and what SM version are you using?

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: SM Web Service Duplication rule return error

Hi,

Its 940 with ucmdb 10.21

I am looking at Web Services - discovery event manager rules - duplication rules. This is oob config in 940.

When I tried "Return error" for the duplication rule, a new datamodevent was created for the duplicated CI and it just overwrote the original one. Including ucmdb id, it just pushed a new one in...

Where does this return an error? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place,

The expected result would be if a duplicate is found, we would be notified by this error and SM shouldnt create the change incident & allow the original record to be overriden by a duplicate. Are there any known issues with this function?

Thanks

L

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.