Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

SM Webapps 9.33 can't connect to SM App - Windows Server 2012 R2

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I was able to install Service Manager 9.33 on a Windows 2012 R2 OS.  SM is usable via Windows client.

I installed the webapps by just using a simple basic set up:

- I installed Java 8, 32 bit

- I installed Tomcat7, 32 bit

- Updated web.xml so that securelogin is false, serverhost points to SM APp server and serverport is the port I used to login to SM via windows client

- All basic OOB

Whenever I launched the URL http://localhost:8080/sm/index.do on the SM web app server, it immediately displays the following message above the user name entry:

Service Manager Server is currently not available, please try again later

SM is up and running because I can connect via Windows client

When I check the log files from the tomcat\logs, I see some errors.  I have attached the file so you can see.

Would appreciate if someone can give me ideas on how to proceed.

I was able to set up numerous SM implementation on Windows 2008 and this is my first time to do it in Windows 2012.

Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

It is the firewall.

Just request your technical support to have those ports opened.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I'm currently requesting technical support to check firewall rules......

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

It is the firewall.

Just request your technical support to have those ports opened.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.