Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SM hangs and sqllimit exceeded

Hello , colleagues!

Has somebody experiensed such problem with SM?

During incident record (probsummary table) saving SM hangs for several minutes. 

Detailed log shows some information as:
2892( 3044) 02/01/2017 23:32:34 RTE D RADTRACE 234 [49] trigger.add.default.folder RADReturn Unknown CPU( 0 59482 )
2892( 3044) 02/01/2017 23:32:34 RTE D Finished RAD trigger trigger.add.default.folder for file probsummary
2892( 3044) 02/01/2017 23:34:16 RTE W sqllimit exceeded, user=e.korobova limit=5.000 actual=101.759 SQL statement follows
2892( 3044) 02/01/2017 23:34:16 RTE D 339047: _vExecute: EXECUTE I6 USING HANDLE 01E841F0:UPDATE PROBSUMMARYM1 SET "UPDATE_TIME"=?,"PREV_UPDATE_TIME"=?,"SYSMODCOUNT"=?,"SYSMODTIME"=? WHERE "NUMBER"=?
2892( 3044) 02/01/2017 23:34:16 RTE D Calling RAD trigger trigger.screlate.update for file probsummary

As you can see detailed log "hangs" too. 

I need help to understand that is the root of such problem. Is it data base problem or problem on SM side?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

If functions that haven't been taking a long time suddenly start taking a long time, then that's usually an indication that there's something going on in your database.  I don't know how you have your environment set up, but with us, the server that our Service Manager database lives on also houses several other database instances, and we have several groups that use connections to the database to pull reports.

Because of that, the underlying database can sometimes be strained for resources, which can affect performance in HPSM.

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Jacob!

Thank you for advice. I informed responsible person for our data base about existed problem and today I've got an answer that the problem's root was detected. Really, it happend because of some works of some people on the data base side.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.