Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

SM web server on WebSphere (Linux)..

Hi All,

Anyone worked on deploying SM (9.50) web tier on WebSphere (Linux) as web application server and having web server as iis, any related document having steps to do this setup Please forward..

Thanks..

0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SM web server on WebSphere (Linux)..

Hi Manoj3,

I don't have any experience with WebSphere, most projects I use Tomcat and Apache. I used only once the combination Tomcat and IIS.

Anyway, webtier does not have any special requirement.

The procedure do deploy it on WebSphere is the same of any other application and the integration between WebSphere and IIS does not have any special requirement for sm webtier. So I suggest you to search it on this specific products forums/communities.

Remember that for 9.5 the supported matrix is:

===> Application server

- ApacheTomcat8.x,7.x

- WebSphereApplicationServer(WAS)8.5(8.5.5 or a later version)

Note: The latest version of Tomcat 8.x is recommended.

===> Web Server 

- ApacheHTTPServer2.4,2.2

- IIS8.5,8.0

Note: The web server must be compatible with the web tier application server.

BR

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: SM web server on WebSphere (Linux)..

Hi Breno,

Thanks for your response, i also worked on tomcat only till now, but new customer requirement is not to use tomcat so we have to use Websphere, as per our product Support matrix to use iis as web server having Websphere as Web application server, i didn't found any such integration document in out site / knowledgebase so posted it here assuming if someone has implemented this combination can share the exact steps of this configuration. awaiting others response on this..

Thanks..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.