Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

SM3.40 displaying html code in message window when (current)user in recipients

Hi Experts,

We're all aware of the well known fact that SM sends the email/msg message defined in a notification to the current user (operator()) if he/she is somehow in the recipientlist... That's annoying but until now I thought I know a good workaround for that.

You can call a JS function in the recipients column and fill the person/group data that way. I'm not facing any problems with my getCONemail() function (so basically when there's only one recipient, not a group):

jscall("kakukk_assignment.getCONemail",operator())

gives back the email sends it without displaying the html data...

Anyway, years ago I made another function which returns the emails of the members of an assignment group. I'm calling it this way in a notification:

jscall("kakukk_assignment.getAGrecip","KAKUKK AssignmentGroup")

Please note that I've been using these functions for years on other systems... but on this one... the one returning an AGemailslist fails. If I check the created schedule (message processor) record I see that it fails.

Funny thing: the whole thing just checks out on any other systems but at this partner it doesn't seem to work...

I've already tried to alter the return value of my function returning SCArray/JS array even a {"email1","email2"} STRING but none of these worked. It seems like the whole jscall doesn't even get evaluated...

Of course tried evaluate and parse too.

Here's the function, just in case:

function getAGrecip(AGname)

{
var AG = lib.mol_query.getRecord("assignment","name",AGname);
//var recipientList = new SCDatum();
//recipientList.setType(8);

var recipientList = new Array();

if (AG == 0)
return "";

for (i in AG.operators)
{
CON = lib.mol_query.getRecord("contacts","operator.id",AG.operators[i]);

if (CON != 0)
recipientList.push(CON.email);

//recipientList = system.functions.insert(recipientList,1,1,CON.email);
}
//return system.functions.str(recipientList);
//return system.functions.str(recipientList);
return recipientList;
}

my message.bg RAD app is pretty old... last updated in 2003 Maybe I should get a newer message.bg?

Is there perhaps a normal way of getting rid of the "send ANYTING on actual user bug?"

Any ideas?

BR,

Dávid

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.