Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Mario Morelli Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

SM7.11 Connect-IT SC/SM Connector

Hi Experts

I am sitting with a problem, and was hoping someone could possibly assist.

I am trying to export all Devices from a SM7.11 instance using the Connect-IT SM/SC Connector, NOT the SC/SM WebService Connector

All is fine, however it only exports 500 Devices, and then reprocesses the same 500 device records over and over

its supposed to stop after reaching its target but CIT will show its processing e.g 2500 out of 600 Devices, and will continue reprocessing the same 500 Device records into infinity and never stop

If  do the same scenario with a SM 9 instance, it extracts all records correctly without a problem

Does anyone know why with SM7, it has this issue with 500 records. I assume its a setting somewhere or there is a bug in Connect-IT

We have already logged it with MicroFocus, but wanted to see if someone has encountered this or would possibly know why:)

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: SM7.11 Connect-IT SC/SM Connector

Checking this behavior and Senior Engineers always recommend SC/SM WebService Connector for this kind of processes, it seems that SM/SC Connector is obsolete.

In SSO I found a similar situation with reprocesses records with CIT scenario into Asset Manager and it seems that it was reported to R&D team: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM01137775

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SM7.11 Connect-IT SC/SM Connector

If for some reason you can't use the WS, create a view with the data you need and get directly from database.. will be faster and the result will be the same.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.