Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SM7 - Change Ticket - Wrong asset based approval groups

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am the SM7 end user, thus I do not have access to the backend. In my change ticket, I was first wrongly set a Primary Asset - this caused wrong approval group. I was told to unlink the release number and reassign the Primary Asset - in which it actually worked. 

My problem now is the Asset Based Approval Groups is not reflected correctly. Example:

Primary Asset: Operation

Approval Group: ABC, DEF

Primary Asset: Support

Approval Group: UVW, XYZ

When I reset the primary asset from Operation to Support, the approval group is still reflected as ABC and DEF (instead, it should be UVW and XYZ). I've called the SM support, but they are unable to do anything since they told me that I might need to raise a new change ticket.

Please help, this is urgent! Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi thanks for helping again. I tested on a dummy ticket and I only found out that the approvers will only be refreshed when moving the change ticket to phase 3 - approval. It is still showing the approvers based on the first asset during phase1 and 2. Well, this has solved my problem! Sounds silly eh?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

Try to save the record manually by click on save then might be it will regenerate the approval.
Try to put true in Reset/Recalc Approval fields of respective change phase before save to ticket.

hth,
Absent Member.
Hi it's in the first phase and there is no such reset button. Is that possible if these approval groups get reflected after moving to phase 2?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
reset is not button it is field in change phase definition (in approval tab) . put there true .
Absent Member.
Hi thanks for helping again. I tested on a dummy ticket and I only found out that the approvers will only be refreshed when moving the change ticket to phase 3 - approval. It is still showing the approvers based on the first asset during phase1 and 2. Well, this has solved my problem! Sounds silly eh?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.