Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
518 views

SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

Hi all,

we've found the following issue with SM7 export to Excel.
When I try to export some table (say, Interactions Queue or ToDo List) to Excel, I found some garbage in Excel instead of Russian characters. English characters are exported with no problems.

I think, there is some problem with Unicode and DDE (as Export to Excel uses DDE, as far as I understand).

Has anybody got the same problem, and is there any suggested solution?

Export to text works ok, and Russian characters are exported as CP1251 (Windows Russian encoding).

Regards,
Anton Lykov
0 Likes
7 Replies
Bruno De Graeve Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

have you tried the language:utf8 parameter ?

If this is not helping, Export-to-Text is a work around. We had similar issues.
0 Likes
Suresh G P Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

Anton,

This is a workaround provided for SC 6.X (For Spanish Language)

It must work for SM7.0 as well

Refer attachment

Hope this helps
Suresh
0 Likes
Iliya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

Hello Anton!
Did you find solution to solve issue?
0 Likes
Vincent.Lin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

Hi Anton,

I met this problem with Chinese characters, maybe you can try my solution.

Just as you mentioned, exporting to text is ok. Open the exported text file and resave it after changing the encoding to ANSI. Then open this text file with Excel, the weird characters will display correctly.

But I am not sure about Russian characters. But you can try this way by changing the encoding.

Hope helpful.

Vincent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

Thank you, Vincent. I know this solution, but it is Export to Excel feature, which I'm concerned with. Still, this is a workaround that works. Hopefully, we'll have this issue fixed in SM 7.1.

Iliya, still there's no solution other than the workaround mentioned by Vincent.

Regards,
Anton
0 Likes
Iliya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

Anton, m.b. it's help you..
Export to english version Excel work (in dde.language, last four settings for RU, how in EN)
For russian Excel, I can't find solution.
It's my experience:
set for RU dde.language
excel.newsheet = [New(1)]
excel.sheet.name = Ð Ð¸Ñ Ñ 1
excel.row = R
excel.column = C
----------
if I use for excel.newsheet = [Ð Ð¾Ð²Ñ Ð¹(1)] or [Ð¡Ð¾Ð·Ð´Ð°Ñ Ñ (1)], MS Excel don't open.

Any values for excel.row and excel.column with russian letters don't gives result.
0 Likes
aRTi_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SM7 Export to Excel with non-English characters

Hi, Gents,
Do we have solution for Russian?
Unfortunately, my SM 7 doesn't wont to export to excel at all.
I have tried with values in dde.language but without effect.
BR,
Artur
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.