Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SM9.20 Supported OS & SQL version

Hello,

I'm unsure of what OS / MS SQL version are supported for HP SM9.20. The release document stats that Windows 2008 Server is supported, but does not indicate release versions. Is Win2008 Release2 x64bit supported?

Also, is SQL 2008 64bit supported? These specific details are not published anywhere that I could see.

I shot my self in the foot last time I build a system. The vendor said Windows 2008 was supported, but did not care to say that Release 2 was not supported. Guess what, I used Release2 edition. I had to undo everything, because their software not not supported under release 2 platform.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Both these versions are supported with SM 9.2x. Only note of caution, you will need to use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator to create the SM server to SQL Server ODBC connection. You can find the correct odbcadm32.exe  in the SysWOW64 directory (there are other posts on that topic in ths forum).

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi, try to search for HPSM 9.20 compatibility matrix guide/pdf. You will find answers in that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

As Iris Geist said, it's supported, but you'll need the 32-bit odbc connection
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.