Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SM9.21: Lost Activity Updates

Since the update to SM9.21, I'm suffering the problem, that some acitivity updates of incidents just seem to disappear. It happens (or seems to happen) completely random. Even tough one user could show me the problem on one ticket three times in a row. After opening and closing the record, everything seems to be normal again.

WHEN the problem occours, it is as follows:

- The user opens the record

- Adds the activity update

- Saves the record

- Update field is now empty and it is not appended to the journal updates (even tough SM says "Record saved")

I know that the chance that anybody had/has the same problem is very low, but I already spent a lot of time to find a solution ...

TIA for any replies

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have seen the problem in 7.10 app/7.11 RTE. But have not been able to reproduce it, and thus, have not created a case for HP regarding the problem.

The activity journal in porbsummary and the activites tables are two seperate locations for the same data. I have not researched it to find out if it is a problem in both fields.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is important to identity which area is missing information as Beth indicated. The issue is probably with the $pmc.details variable since exiting out of the ticket and returning to the record solves the problem. This variable is reference in several RAD Applications and Process records.

Here is one expression from the im.view.init Process record:

if (journal.pm in $G.pm.global.environment and nullsub($G.bg, false)=false) then ($pmc.details=nullsub(action in $L.file, {})+{"*** Past Updates ***"}+nullsub(update.action in $L.file, {}))

If you are able to replicate the issue with a user that has the SysAdmin or Debug capability word, then you can use the RAD Debugger to display the contents of any field or variable that modifies the $pmc.details variable. A likely cause is that a NULL field/variable is appended to $pmc.details.

Note: Appending NULL to something is more like multiplying times zero instead of adding zero...the result is NULL.

Example: $L.temp="abc";$L.null=NULL;$L.result=$L.temp+$L.null ---> $L.result = NULL (not "abc")

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

@-m- wrote:

A likely cause is that a NULL field/variable is appended to $pmc.details.

Note: Appending NULL to something is more like multiplying times zero instead of adding zero...the result is NULL.

Example: $L.temp="abc";$L.null=NULL;$L.result=$L.temp+$L.null ---> $L.result = NULL (not "abc")

Wow - this is new to me .. thank you both for your replies!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.