Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

SM9.4 - cant search "action" in probsummary...

Jump to solution

I am not sure what is going on with this tool. I am using the default field "action" in probsummary and it is an IR key - i did not change this from out of box. I cant search for any term in the action field. in the search there is the 2nd tab that you can change how the search is done from "these words" or "any words" and I have tried using the * symbol before and after my term. I have created new records with my specific term for testing and it I just cant get it find the record.

I dont think it has ever worked. Is there something I need to turn on if this an out of box installation? what is the purpose of this tool if you cant search on the one field that stores the most vital information for incidents???

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: SM9.4 - cant search "action" in probsummary...

Jump to solution

Jeff, try the following to see if the clears your problem with your "search".

1. Close out of your service manager client. 

2. Open up "Services" on your machine and stop the HP Service Manager service on your server.

3. Navigate to the installation folder for your Service Manager server and edit the sm.ini file to add the line (without quotes): “ir_asynchronous:0”

4. Start the HP Service Manager service on your server
(delete all the existing ir.probsummary records in scirexpert) – this may not be necessary as the regenerate IR index may fix this

5. Go to System Definition | Tables | Probsummary | click on “Regenerate IR Index

6. After it finishes the index regeneration, restart your service manager client again.

7. Lastly, try a text search with your keyword to see if the issue is fixed. 

**I can include screenshots if needed but the directions should be straightforward. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed, Momentum, Intensity ... Never stop never stopping.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

i rebuilt the IR index for probsummary - still no results from keywords in the "action" field of probsummary.

I tried to search using "Search Knowledgebase" and selecting everything - still no results from keywords in the "action" field of probsummary.

I can see ir.probsummary records in SCIREXPORTM1 table (only a handful of records)

I do not have any "ir_asynchronous" settings in SM.INI

I dont see any " (IRQUEUE) " job running when I go to "System Status" of service manager (not sure if it is supposed to be there"

It does have "action" as an "IR Key" in probsummary

I dont see an ir.probsummary or any "ir." files in c:\program files (x86)\HP\Service Manager 9.40\Server\data (i only see .unl files in this directory)

what is going on?!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

The IRQUEUE Process is like any other process in the sm.cfg file.  Look to see if you have:

sm -que:ir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Jeff, try the following to see if the clears your problem with your "search".

1. Close out of your service manager client. 

2. Open up "Services" on your machine and stop the HP Service Manager service on your server.

3. Navigate to the installation folder for your Service Manager server and edit the sm.ini file to add the line (without quotes): “ir_asynchronous:0”

4. Start the HP Service Manager service on your server
(delete all the existing ir.probsummary records in scirexpert) – this may not be necessary as the regenerate IR index may fix this

5. Go to System Definition | Tables | Probsummary | click on “Regenerate IR Index

6. After it finishes the index regeneration, restart your service manager client again.

7. Lastly, try a text search with your keyword to see if the issue is fixed. 

**I can include screenshots if needed but the directions should be straightforward. 

Speed, Momentum, Intensity ... Never stop never stopping.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.