Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

SM9.4 - unable to select table from Rule Sets

Jump to solution

I created a new table. I created a workflow for the new table. I go into Process Designer | Rule Sets and I there is no option to select the new table. I have rebooted the server and it does not show. It shows some of the other new tables I created but this one will not show up. I created another table and that one doesnt show up either.

Is there a table I need to update to enable rules to be applied to the table?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you mean the Ruleset form and the combobox on a right side of caption "Table name"?

If so, the form is called "Ruleset". I checked it with a Forms Designer and found the combobox uses a global list called "$G.files" to display name of the tables.

Therefore, I suppose you've to manually refresh that globallist to add your new table to the globallist. Just check Tailoring > Tailoring tools > Global lists, put to field "Display variable" $G.files and make a search.

Update the both lists by choosing "Rebuild Global List" from a "More"-menu (on the right upper corner). Log out and log in again. Check the Ruleset form if your new table is added to a list. (It should be there.)

I checked the combobox for the tables I've added and I found all of those. If you can't see your new table after the steps I gave, then there's a problem with your new table. But let's not think about that, yet.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I went to "Modify an Existing SQL Mapping" and my table is NOT listed... I did create this table in dbdict. i went to this table and tried "import new columns from SQL" and it said that all columns were already imported. I did not make any changes to the table via SQL - all of the changes have been made via Service Manager.

Is there some SQL mapping table I need to update?

I am able to add/modify/delete records via Service Manager for this table, so not sure what is going on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

so i created another out of the box service manager server and created a new table and I was able to see it in "Rule Sets" - so what is my current server NOT doing in relation to the SQL server??? is there something that scraps the SQL server for tables? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

still trying to fix this issue... if anyone has any ideas or pointers...

I did a backup of the databse and moved it to another SM 9.4 server and loaded it up - same issue. I cant see a newly created table when I go to "rule sets".... this is on the same server that I have an Out of Box DB running which works when I create a new table, I can see it in "rule sets" ... 

something is wrong with my production database that is not allowing it to see new tables when I go to "Rule Sets"...

is there a command i can run to regenerate the tables for Service Manager? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

I could not understadn the issue? correct me if i did not understadn the question?

You had created a new table using SM? and you are not able to see the table in the ruleset?

Reg,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you mean the Ruleset form and the combobox on a right side of caption "Table name"?

If so, the form is called "Ruleset". I checked it with a Forms Designer and found the combobox uses a global list called "$G.files" to display name of the tables.

Therefore, I suppose you've to manually refresh that globallist to add your new table to the globallist. Just check Tailoring > Tailoring tools > Global lists, put to field "Display variable" $G.files and make a search.

Update the both lists by choosing "Rebuild Global List" from a "More"-menu (on the right upper corner). Log out and log in again. Check the Ruleset form if your new table is added to a list. (It should be there.)

I checked the combobox for the tables I've added and I found all of those. If you can't see your new table after the steps I gave, then there's a problem with your new table. But let's not think about that, yet.

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

I went to Tailoring > Tailoring tools > Global lists and searched for $G.files in the "Display variable" field and I had to CTRL+A in the value field and move it to Notepad and paste it. I did NOT see my tables in that list!!!

So, from the $G.files record I then did a "Rebuild Global List" - logged out and logged back in... boom... I can see the tables in "Rule Sets" and they are now listed in $G.file !!!

Not sure why this database isnt updating the global list after I add a new table.... but at least i have a workaround!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Check to see if your "lister" background process is running. This is the agent that reruns and regenerates all globallists (if they are configured as such).

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nice that this "trick" helped you. Buy me a beer... 🙂

Please mark your question answered, so it's easily noted by other folks looking for an answer to a same problem.

You can tweak each on the lists' rebuild time from default values. For example, make $G.files (or any other GL) refresh itself every 15 mins.

Of course, this is a wise move only in a dev environment, which is not under a production environments load.

---
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.