Frequent Contributor.. Davidelgemelo Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

SMART ANALYTICS

Hello experts,

I would like to know if Smart Analytics could have teh input from two differente DB. Here's my scenario, we have a client who has SM 9.30 and want to upgrade to 9.60 but he wants to migrate all the data he has from the old version. First of all migrating the data to the new version it's not recommended and will take a lot of time and effort. So we want to suggest the client to leave the data in the 9.30 and with Smart Analytics we could extract information from both SM 9.30 and 9.60 in order to use the historical information from the past ticket.

I really appreciate to help with this topic or if you have a better option, in order to avoid migrating the data from the old one to the new version.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SMART ANALYTICS

Hi David,

Smart Analytics started with SM 9.34 version, so using it with 9.30 and 9.60 would not be possible.

Is there any reason why your customer is not doing the upgrade directly from 9.30 to 9.60. SM 9.60 has an Upgrade Utility that allows you to run the upgrade from 9.30.

You can visit this link to have more information about the upgrade:

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/upgrade/Upgrade_Doc_Center/Upgrade_applications_major.htm

Best regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
JD_Jinesta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Davidelgemelo,

Assuming that your 9.30 system data will be able to connect to Smart Analytics the only way I think this could potentially work if the knowledgebases names are different between 9.30 and 9.60. First it will require to index all 9.30 data and then 9.60 data. Once all data is in Smart Analytics indexes you will need to create knowledgebases in 9.60 to use the 9.30 legacy data meaning if you called incidentslegacy the 9.30 knowledgebase that name will need to exist in 9.60 as well. I don't think it's possible to "mix" data of both systems using the same name.

I want to be clear here that my previous assumption is based on what I consider Smart Analytics will potentially accept.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Davidelgemelo Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Good morning,

First of all thanks for your answer. 

What are the benefits doing the upgrade from 9.30 to 9.60? I read the document and the 9.60 will be a hybrid instance which means will have both 9.30 and 9.60? The idea is to usea the new functionalities of the 9.60 (Smart Analytics, Chat collaboration, hot topics) even Process Designer, but the client wants to have the old tickets as record so they can consult them. 

The propoasl we had, is to install the 9.60 from scratch to use the Process Designer and all the new functionalities and actually we suggest the client to start from 0 to avoid any bad informatio, but he still wants the records from the latest version.

What should be the best strategy? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Regards 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.