Absent Member.. deepsm Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SOAP Fault Occured:Server is running low memory

Hi Experts!!!!

I am using HP Service manager 7.11 in windows server  2003.

In between i am getting error like Server is running on low memory.,

i am not able to understand the issue ..after restarting the services server will start working ...

and same error i am getting again after some time ...

what should i do to resolve this issue....

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
24 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: SOAP Fault Occured:Server is running low memory

can anybudy guide....it is urgent.....

please help....

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. tprovin Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You are probably going to need to provide more information regarding your environment setup. Also if you search the forums, there have been multiple posts regarding this. Doesn't look like there is any definite answer, but they may give you ideas on things to try, or at least a place to start.
Thanks,

Tim
0 Likes
Absent Member..

thanks for reply Tim,

I think i have got the solution for the issue ...Issue was with the loadbalancing....

thanks 

deepsm

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hiii Tim,

seems like loadbalancing didn't resolved the issue...what else i can check further for this error...

i am using vertical enviornment and using loadbalancing with 5 servelet as well and shared memory 192000000 for 200 named and 40 float user.

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Absent Member.. ZiggyPopp Absent Member..
Absent Member..

have you tried specifying the amount of memory to use for each servlet? 

For example: 

sm -loadBalancer -httpPort:13080 -JVMOption0:-Xms1G -JVMOption1:-Xmx1G -JVMOption2:-Xrs -JVMOption3:-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError'

Additionally, we had very similar problems with a vertical implementation.  There was a memory leak some where in the setup.  We've not seen the issue since switching to horizontal, but it is possible that we applied a patch that resolved the issue too.

Best of luck,

Tim

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hiii Ziggypop,

and what are those parameters are called -JVMOption2:-Xrs -JVMOption3:-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError' ...can it resolve the issue.......

regards

deepsm

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Fong Nian Tse Absent Member..
Absent Member..

One of my user having this issue but weird thing is only happen on One single user PC.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. hansmaulwurf Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi deepsm,

have you solved the issue?

We had the same problem andsolved it by adapting RAM to the amount of servlets running (2GB per servlet + system memory) and reducing the threadsperprocess to 35 (on Windows System).

Additionally we started one servlet just for interface connections to seperate user from system services. We did it by running one servlet in debug mode and configuring all services connecting to sm to connect to this servlet.

0 Likes
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

This problem allways happens when SM is installed on Windows servers.

Please configure additional option in sm.cfg for each servlet,

-JVMOption2:+UseParallelOldGC

This releases JVM Heapspace which is not used and recycles them for further use.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks ramesh for reply,

In  -JVMOption2:+UseParallelOldGC

what is the UseParallelOldGC....i have to apply some value or same like this...

thanks 

deepsm

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It is used to release unused heap/java memory occupied by SM servlet.

You can apply it directly in sm.cfg for each SM listener servlet(including scautolistener listener port).

If you want to put it in sm.ini just add following,

JVMOption2:+UseParallelOldGC

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Thomas Peng Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi all,

I also faced the same error "SOAP Fault occurred: Server is running low on memory try again." when starting the Windows Client. We have to restart the SM Server service in order to solve this issue temporarily because this issue will happen once in a while.

May I know anyone faced this issue as well? Currently we are using SM9.21 in our environment.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sanzz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Thomas,

Please try with the JVM parameters in ini & cfg files as suggested above and you can get these from Help files also.

Can you share ini & cfg files here?

HTH
Sanzz...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. oelalfy Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SOAP Fault Occurred:Server is running low memory

I have this problem for a year now when I added the JVM parameters the frequency decrease but still sometimes the low memory appear.

But as far as I went with the support I have nothing to be done rather than putting these parameters.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.