John_Baker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SOAP Fault Occurred:Server is running low memory

Hello,

I guess there may be a memory leak in the SOAP stack within the SM service. If you're throwing memory at it and it still runs out, a leak is a likely cause. Perhaps you should ask HP if there are known issues and whether anything was fixed within 92/93 with respect to SOAP and memory?

The problem with this kind of issue is there are so many things it could be...

John

--

SSO Plugin for HP SM and SRC

http://www.ssoforservicemanager.com

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Thomas Peng Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SOAP Fault Occured:Server is running low memory

Dear all,

Please check the attachment file for my sm.ini and sm.cfg files. These are the files that I have configured.

Please advise. And I keep facing the same error "SOAP fault occured: Server is running low on memory" and we are facing the web client is running quite slow as well.

Thanks in advanced.

0 Likes
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Dear Thomas

Can you please add up,

-JVMOption4:+UseParallelOldGC

in your sm.ini file and restart SM server. Please note this entry is added to release

unused heap/jvm that is been occupied by each individual SM servlets.

Also I see in your sm.ini file you had defined,

JVMOption0:-Xms256M
              JVMOption1:-Xmx512M

where I am seeing the max memory has been defined as 512M.

By anyway is your SM server on 64-bit windows OS? If your SM server is on 32-bit OS, please reduce

max memory to 400..

Thanks

R.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Thomas Peng Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dear Ramesh,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

1) I will try the "-JVMOption4:+UseParallelOldGC" in sm.ini file

2) Yes. We set the max memory 512M because we are using Window 2008 64 bit for our SM server.

May I know is that anyway we can improve the SM web performance because we found that the page loading is quite slow and the user is not happy with it?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member.. deepsm Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hiii Alll,

I tried with below parameter:

sm -httpPort:13130 -log:E/Sm_log/13130.log -JVMOption0:-Xms256M -JVMOption1:-Xmx400M -JVMOption2:-Xrs -JVMOption3:-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutMemoryError

after apply that i checked 13130.log file i have seen some error below pls check;

RTE E Error : CreateJavaVM()failed;rc=-4

RTE I Could not create JVM

RTE E runServlet: inhook failed::

RTE E runServlet returned -1

RTE I Thread termination in Progress

RTE I Process termination cleanup complete

RTE D Total number of recorded stack :0

Any Suggestion ...

Regards 

Deepsm

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Error clearly indicates system does not have enough JVM to allocate for the servlet.

If you are on vertical/horizontal load balancing, please try to reduce number of servlets and try to restart.

Also do not try to assign JVM parameters to system.startup in sm.cfg file.

-R-

0 Likes
Absent Member.. deepsm Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Ramesh,

Is there any other way to check that how much JVM we can assign for  each servelet.

or is there any memory calculation for that....

my server is running on windows 2003 32 bit so i am using Xmx400M only

any suggestions....

regards

deepsm

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Deepsm

Please refer to attached JAVA-JDK 1.5 diagnostics guide which allows how to determine min and max heap    

size based on garbage collection.

Please have a look at page 20, which talks about "How to do heap sizing".

Please note this document is for JDK 1.5.

Regards

-R-

0 Likes
-m- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Consider contacting HP to determine the best method for managing and debugging the servlets. The issue could be due to several factors, but it might also be related to a software defect.

The Tomcat JVM which is integrated with the sm executable has been significantly customized. While general JVM expertise still applies, there are configurations which may not work as expected due to SM-specific code.

As an example, a memory polling feature was implemented in later versions of SM to prevent a servlet from running out of memory. Once memory has reached a certain threshold, new users are not able to connect to that servlet and existing users cannot open more threads. This restriction is lifted once the memory usage drops below a predefined value. If your goal is to capture a heap dump from an OutOfMemory error (JVMOption3:-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutMemoryError), then this memory poll feature needs to be disabled.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. tomkool007 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

SOAP Fault Occured:Server is running low memory

Hi Team,

Today i faced the same error "SOAP Fault occurred: Server is running low on memory try again." when starting the Windows Client. I have to restart the SM Server service in order to solve this issue temporarily after restarting the SM service issue was fixed.

Can any one please help me how to resolve this issue.

Please find sm.ini and sm.cfg.

Regards,

Tom

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.