Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

SOAP call working from SOAPUI but not from Service Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I'm having trouble integrating to a custom partner system. As always I use the xml helper functions to produce the xml "payload" and then arm doSOAPRequest. I've done it a lot of times but now it doesn't work. I simply get "internal server error" along with the well known message. I know normally this would be something to debug on the partner side but I don't really have access to that part.

Here comes the funny part: If I add the generated content XML (the exact same that SM (9.60) made) and push it with SOAPUI then surprise: everything checks out, I get a valid response with valid data.

Question: what on earth is different in my SM call and the SOAPUI call? The content is granted to be the same. It's also not credentials because I use the same in doSOAPRequest arguments and if I mess it up intentionally then I get a full valid 200. So auth should be ok. What then? Whats wrong with my call? 

Again, very important: I'm not using the wsdl2js nightmare I'm producing the xml myself. And this method just worked for me a dozen times. What's wrong here?

Any advice, help, hint, hugely appreciated!

Thanks for reading, thanks in advance!

BR,

Dávid

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: SOAP call working from SOAPUI but not from Service Manager

Jump to solution

Ok, here's the solution: whenever you decide to build your own XML based on a file, or doing it completely in JS do not forget that doSOAPRequest needs the content as a _string_. I've been sending the content as an XML object all the time »» wrong : use toXMLString(), or toString(). In my experience both do the job.

That's it, wrong format.

BR, Dávid

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

A bit more information. It seems that the soap call is actually getting to the partner system, so it's not a firewall or network issue. So there must be some kind of content difference between the SM and the SoapUI message.

BR, Dávid

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ok, here's the solution: whenever you decide to build your own XML based on a file, or doing it completely in JS do not forget that doSOAPRequest needs the content as a _string_. I've been sending the content as an XML object all the time »» wrong : use toXMLString(), or toString(). In my experience both do the job.

That's it, wrong format.

BR, Dávid

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.