Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SRC Question: using the "More support" option, I need to make "Description" mandatory

Jump to solution

Dear folks,

Please see the enclosed document for more details.  In the SRC, when I can't find an existing option to describe my issue/service request, I have the option to submit an open request in which I describe in my own words what I need.  This is the "More Support" option. 

In here, the title field is mandatory, but not the description.  How do I make the description mandatory as well?

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: SRC Question: using the "More support" option, I need to make "Description"

Jump to solution

Greetings.

There is an option to make this field mandatory in the SRC Tailoring. I think this field can be found in in the Support Checkout > Request Description, if it is not you need to locate this field, but the option is in the SRC Tailoring.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Greetings.

There is an option to make this field mandatory in the SRC Tailoring. I think this field can be found in in the Support Checkout > Request Description, if it is not you need to locate this field, but the option is in the SRC Tailoring.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Ulises,

Go to Tailoring > SRC Tailoring

You will see 3 checkouts options, one is General Checkout, select it and click configure sections. Then you will see Request Description, select it and click Configure Fields.

Now you will see title and description, select description and click edit custom field.

You will see SRC Tailoring - Edit field. Click next. Second screen will show an option for mandatory. Select it and click next.

Finally click Finish button twice.

Now the setting is ready if SRC is up it's required to restart it for SRC to take the change.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks, this is what we were looking for and it was right under our nose.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.