Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SRC Tailoring to use defaults and mandatory conditions

We are in the process of implementing SRC. We currently use the Service Catalog module from within HPSM and use sd.get.info display screen to set some default values based on the $description variable. We also use the svcCat.request.info format control calculations and validations.

The new SRC does not appear to use these objects at all. I can see that we can set default values on the checkout panels in the new SRC but I'm having trouble setting a value based on the item itself.

For instance, if the $src.cart.item.name="EWS Decommission Process (Virtual)" I want the Date Needed By to be set to current date + 60 days, but if the $src.cart.item.name="Software Install Request" I want the Date Needed By to be set to current date + 5 days.

I also need to make some fields mandatory for some items but not mandatory for others, though I want the display on all items. This was VERY easy to do in the original Service Catalog module using format control and format design.

Is there a way to accomplish these things in the new SRC?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.