sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

SRC is KM search results all internal and external documents to end user

Jump to solution

Hi,

Facing a strange issue, on SRC KM search results all internal and external documents to end user.

However on ess portal, end user see the document which are published external documents which is right.

Kindly suggest how to fix SRC km search.

I have SM 9.4 (PDCP) with src on windows enviornment.

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SRC is KM search results all internal and external documents to end user

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

Can any one suggest???

For time being, i am implementing a workaround of puttin ESS KM serach link on SRC dashboard using a linkover, which when clicked by end user, will open ess interface with KM serach option (only), end user can search KM here and once done, he can logout (or will write a script to log inactive session on ess more then 10 minutes to log out). I know not a good workaround :(, but for time being this is what i cna think off...

If any one knows solution for SRC km serach to result only external published document, kinldy suggest.

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I believe this is working as they've designed it. SRC issues an HTTP Request from the SRC KM Service directly to SOLR. Because of this direct connection SRC can't leverage SM scripts such as KMSearch and KMSecurity. 

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI,

Thanks, but this is a real problem as end user will have access to all KM which are published internal or external.

Dear All,

Can some one suggest if you had faced similar issue and got some solution for same.

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It's a known behavor. Propel is the same way. I am unaware of a workaround or hack. There is an enhancement request open for this.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Brett, sad to hear if this is same behaviour in proper interface too :(, as if this is the scenario, then would need to educate end user in a different manner...but still not convienced if this is the right approach... Hope enhancement request is looked timely and worked.

Do you have the enhancement request number with you?

Dear All,

Kindly suggest if any one has some workaround?

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Appreciate if any one can suggest solution/workaround for SRC KM as mentioned in my below post.

Reg,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

Can any one suggest???

For time being, i am implementing a workaround of puttin ESS KM serach link on SRC dashboard using a linkover, which when clicked by end user, will open ess interface with KM serach option (only), end user can search KM here and once done, he can logout (or will write a script to log inactive session on ess more then 10 minutes to log out). I know not a good workaround :(, but for time being this is what i cna think off...

If any one knows solution for SRC km serach to result only external published document, kinldy suggest.

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.