Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

SRC or SMA-SM SP

We are on SM 9.30.  Not sure what our SRC version is (does 1.30p2 sound right?).  Apparently, flash will no longer work by the end of the year and management has asked me to look into something to replace the SRC.  We are not upgrading our SM 9.30.

I am looking in to SMA-SM SP and have a few questions:

1. I have a link for "install", but I'm looking for other information:  what does it look like? how does it integrate with SM 9.30?  What is the cost/licensing?

Link for install 

2. We only plan to replace the SRC.  Can you just get the SP or do you have to get the whole suite?

3. Is SMA-SM SP (or just the SP) even compatible with HP SM 9.30?  If not, what are others doing when they are on older versions of SM?

Thanks for any info.  We have no support contract with anyone, so this is something that has to be researched/implemented in-house.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: SRC or SMA-SM SP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SRC or SMA-SM SP

Hi BethQ,
I think that without support you won't be able to download nor generate the license for your SMA-SP installation; From my understanding any current client with service support is able to do that without extra costs, best is open a ticket support or contract investigation with Microfocus.
Everyone that I know is migrating to SMA-SP, the installation guide is straight forward and very detailed; with a lot of patience and following exactly what is written there you will would make it work.
Since you don't have any support from Microfocus and seems you are not interested in have one, I guess your only way out is develop your own Portal Interface in any language of your preference and leverage on webservices provided by HPSM; you could use as base the ones used by SRC.
Good luck!
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.