Outstanding Contributor.. Tommy Jensen Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

SRC search

Jump to solution

According to documentation search is done via IR Index and the fields specified in the index is Display Name and Description.

Customer want to search for keywords added in the Detailed Description of an Item. So I have changed the IR Index and regenerated it, cleared the SRC cache and restarted both SRC and SM but nothing is found when searching for anything in the Detailed Description field.

So is it even possible to use the Detailed Description field in search and if so what am I missing?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SRC search

Jump to solution

I don't think this functionality was ever added when I last saw this. Yup. Still not available.  Subscribe for an email when this functionality is finally added.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1307935

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I don't think this functionality was ever added when I last saw this. Yup. Still not available.  Subscribe for an email when this functionality is finally added.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1307935

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks.

Wow 4 years not adding this basic functionality, how rediculous. No wonder customers choose ServiceNow for Service Catalogs.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Update.

I installed SM 9.41 and Smart Analytics. Now SRC searches Detailed Description also. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.