Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

SSL connection with 3rd party chained certificate.

i am trying to establish ssl connection using 3rd party chained certificate. it comprises of root certificate, intermediate and server certificate.

inserted into keystore file

inserted root certificate in trustore file i.e. CACERTs

it is woking with self sign certificate .

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: SSL connection with 3rd party chained certificate.

Hi,

You need to load the CA Root, AND the Intermediate CA certificates into the CACERT keystore.

You need to load the Server certificate into the server keystore.

These both need to be referenced in the SM.ini file.

If you have configured two-way authentication by using the req_clientAuth 2 parameter in the sm.cfg file, then you need to also load the client certificate into the trustedclients.keystore.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, 

We have a similar requirement in integrating with application over third party SSL certificate. Could you please guide us in this?

many thanks,

Dilip

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Linde

Try to do the below steps and see if it is helpful 

1. Open the contents of all the three certificates seperately each in a notepad file.

2. Copy the contents from each file and make a single notepad file.

3. Save the notepad file as <name>.pem

4. Try to use this certificate in the server.xml file for the webclient , in the connection parameters.

5. I am not quite sure about the .pem file for the server side ssl. It may work, since I have followed the above steps for webclient SSL.

Thks

AB

Kindly assign kudos if the post is helpful!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

will this work with microsoft certificate authority?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.