Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SSL enable on only SM Web client 9.60

Hi Expert,

I am trying to enable SSL on my workstation SM (9.60 PD) web client for my self understanding.

I found many articles, KM documents on forum about SSL however no clarity what are the exact steps to achieve the above tasks and also when tried to create self-signed certificate (either in cer or pem format) using openssl getting below error:

Error opening CA Certificate ca.cer
14416:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:402:fopen('ca.cer','rb')
14416:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:404:
unable to load certificate

Can Anybody help me here to understand below points to enable SSL only on SM web tier.

1) What are the exact detailed steps with commands and list of certificate types to achieve this.

2) Which tool either keytool or openssl need to use to generate self signed cerificate.

Appreciate quick and correct response.

Thanks guys in advance. 🙂

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.