Honored Contributor.. ulto1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Same Operator ID for multiple clients

Dear Experts,

I have a question for you. (SM 9.30)
Our environment is a multi-tenant environment, however we are not using the multi-tenancy feature in HPSM, we are using the Mandanten feature & it's working just fine.
We have configured our environment in a way that in the contacts & operator tables in the unique keys fields (contact.name in the contacts table & name in the operator table) we are putting the email address. (by this way all the email addresses are unique for different clients/companies) and it's good for now since we are not using Single Sign On or Trusted Sign on.

However we are planning to upgrade to SM 9.50. & we are planning to use Trusted Sign On in the new version. However we cannot use it unless we put the operator name as sAMAccountname & not the email address.
And as you know that some users (from different clients) will have the same sAMAccountName. 

What I was thinking of, is that to modify the dbdict of the contacts & operators table to have an additional unique key (which will be in this case the company or the email address field).

Has anyone configured faced this issue in his environment? & what was the workaround/solution for it?

Please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Same Operator ID for multiple clients

Hi,

My recomendation is implementing multi-tenancy feature. 

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.