ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Saving a CLOSED Ticket!!

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my system, NNM and SM are integrated. Tickets are generated and closed by NNM through scmail.

I have put a calculation in IM.close.incident to calculate outage time....so when a ticket is closed

this field is populated with a value(difference of outage end and start time)

Problem is.... this value is not getting displayed in qbe, UNLESS i save that particular ticket...

unless it isn't saved i can't export it out....so how can i cause a closed tkt

to be autosaved (without having to do it manually for each tkt)....so that this calculated value is store in db.

Please help!!

TH@nks
dev
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You need not to restart the services for this change only thing you have to make sure is to check when NNM is closing the tickets. One thing i would like to know is your NNM traps are closinh the incidents correctly ? I mean to say if its only updating the incidents status to "Closed" or its calling the "close" action ?

Check your event register to make sure what is happening actually. Meanwhile you can try another workaround as :

Go to formatctrl of probsummary.Click on JS tab and try the script below :

function updateIncident(incidentId)

{var incT=new SCFile("probsummary")

var oInc= incT.doSelect("number=\""+incidentId+"\"");

if (oInc==RC_SUCCESS)

{incT.doUpdate()

print("Incident "+incidentId+ " has been updated by JS")

}}

updateIncident(vars.$file.number)

On Update : problem.status in $file="Closed" and not gui()   

Delete : problem.status in $file="Closed" and not gui()

Check this out and let us know if you still have issue.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

You can try to run doUpdate(); JS action in the format control for update condition.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Also maybe you can drag your calculation to the IM.update part and make the required actions before the ticket is closed? You can pick the closed records based on the Closed status on update action.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks Vadim,

But can you help me with how to make this happen bcoz. i am new to this

type of thing.. 

TH@nks
dev
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

I meant that you can copy the calculations which were on IM.close fc to the IM.update fc and in update column set condition problem.status in $file="closed" (check the field name and closed status value).  If you will need more expanded explanation please post the point at which you are stuck at the moment.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Vadim,

I tried it....but the tkts which get closed through NNM show blank value in QBE!

Please take a look at the attached pics..

TH@nks
dev
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

Can you track at which point the downime.end is passed to the Incident. May be it is empty at the moment when you run the fc calculation. I could advice you to do that in trigger but think it will load the system heavily.

Anyway please try to catch the moment when the downtime.end time is passed back to record and post it here.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Vadim,

I thing you got me wrong...Value is correctly calculated and shown in form once tkt is closed

but it doesn't come in qbe automatically.

Have a look at the pic...

From NNM....you can see 2 tkts have been closed at the latest...and

the one in focus....shows value in form (came up automatically...by fc calculan.)

but the respective entry in qbe is blank.

TH@nks
dev
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Hello Dev,

you were in that search result when it got populated? or if you even leave the search result and then make it again the field in qbe will remain empty (I mean that maybe it is metter of the refresh of qbe)? Just a bit weird that if you properly update the field that it does not appear there. I could suggest to write in trigger line like record.doAction("save") to make save in background but almost sure that it will cause info error messages that the "record was modified since open". So again please clarify that simple leaving the search and searching again does not affect the display of the data in the qbe.

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think using the triggers for this perticular issue put a quite load on the system.

What i understood from the issue that if the tickets are getting closed by the event sent from the NNM then Outage time is not getting displayed in the qbe whereas if you save the record it become visible in the qbe. Though this is something weird. But as a workaround you can call the "im.save" process from the "im.close".

What exactly you need to do is :

Open process "im.close" in the Next Process tab call the "im.save" process with condition as not gui().

Though you should troubleshoot why this is happening at first place.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

You've understood the problem correctly..

@ Vadim

i was not in the search when it got populated....i get to know a ticket is closed from views and then when i

go and see the record or even if i search & check... the value is there in form but not in qbe.

@ Mukesh

soln. didn't work should i restart the SM services

after i do it??

TH@nks
dev
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You need not to restart the services for this change only thing you have to make sure is to check when NNM is closing the tickets. One thing i would like to know is your NNM traps are closinh the incidents correctly ? I mean to say if its only updating the incidents status to "Closed" or its calling the "close" action ?

Check your event register to make sure what is happening actually. Meanwhile you can try another workaround as :

Go to formatctrl of probsummary.Click on JS tab and try the script below :

function updateIncident(incidentId)

{var incT=new SCFile("probsummary")

var oInc= incT.doSelect("number=\""+incidentId+"\"");

if (oInc==RC_SUCCESS)

{incT.doUpdate()

print("Incident "+incidentId+ " has been updated by JS")

}}

updateIncident(vars.$file.number)

On Update : problem.status in $file="Closed" and not gui()   

Delete : problem.status in $file="Closed" and not gui()

Check this out and let us know if you still have issue.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.