Absent Member.. Cima Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Scheduled Maintenance non working

Hello.

I'm trying to create a scheduled Maintenance task to automatically generate incidents. But everytime I try to configure the task, it generates a problem, not an incident.

I've tried to create the task from the start and from an incident already opened with the same result: only problems have been created, no incidents.

This is the configuration of one of my generated tasks:

Spoiler

I have erased company and ticket owner due to privacy matters.

And this is the outcome:

Spoiler

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
9 Replies
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Scheduled Maintenance non working

Hello Cima.

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please let me know if you are following the exact steps below:

User role: System Administrator

To create a Scheduled Maintenance task:

1. Click System Administration > Base System Configuration > Scheduled Maintenance > Scheduled Maintenance Tasks.
    HP Service Manager displays a blank Scheduled Maintenance Tasks form.
  2. Type a name for the task in the Name field. The name you select can offer some insight into what the task does and you may use any naming convention, as long as each task name is unique.
  3. Select Active? to activate the task. Every task must be active or inactive. Inactive tasks are in the system, but do not create any work orders or take any other action.
  4. Select Demand Based? when the task relies on changes in the Configuration Management application. For example, you can schedule a task to run whenever the available drive space on the file server drops below 10 Gigabytes (GB), or every time the printer prints 8,000 pages. If the task is not demand based, do not check this box.
  5. Click the Description tab. Type a description for the task in the text box. A description is optional, but it can be useful to document the task.
  6. Click the Schedule tab to create a schedule for the task.
  7. Click the Effect tab to create one or more Incident tickets, change requests, or Request Management quotes.
  8. Click the Details tab to add expressions to the task.
  9. Click the History tab to view the history of the task.
  10. Click Add.

If this is a scheduled task, Scheduled Maintenance calculates the next time this task should run and displays it in the Next Scheduled at field. The task runs according to this schedule; you may want to run the task immediately to verify that it works properly. If this is a demand based task, it runs as soon as an update causes it to meet the trigger criteria.

You can also create a Scheduled Maintenance task from:

• A ticket in Incident Management, Change Management, or Request Management.
  • A CI in Configuration Management.

If not, please let me know what steps are you follow in order to know what is missing.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Cima, Looking at your screensot, it looks like your Outcome is an Incident. It even starts with INC prefix. Do you want an interaction??
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello and thank you for answering.

CharlyV, I think it's not a problem with how to create Scheduled Tasks. It's a matter of what I'm creating.

TomPowe, maybe I'm wrong and it's an incident, but in System Administration > Base System Configuration > Scheduled Maintenance > Execution details, every generated record shows "problem" in Class field. If I'm generating incidents, then the issue is on task's category.

In the task form, the input is "Mantenimiento preventivo", as seen in previous post's images, but the outcome is a "complaint" record. No matter what I'm putting in that field, SM only generates complaint incidents.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

"problem" in the Class field is referring to the background process that will actually be creating the ticket. 🙂 You are in fact creating an Incident ticket.

As for category, On your Details tab, I see "Open Incident Tickets of Category" field. What choices do you have in that drop-down? Do you have "incident" or "problem"?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello!

Those are incident categories. Here you can see the drop-down list:

In problem module I only have 1 category. We don't use it by now.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

You say in your earlier posts, you have tried everything in that field and you only get "complaint" tickets.  In this latest post, you say that you only have one category in you incident tickets.   Would that one category be "complaint"?  If so, that might explain why that is always the category being put on your tickets. 

I assume you have tried changing the category to "incident", right?  When the ticket is created, is the category on the ticket still "complaint"?

If I am not understanding, please explain more about what it is you want.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi.

The real issue is, in few words, Scheduled Maintenance is taking the wrong category and I don't know how to change this behaviour.

I think this is a matter of what category SM choose to fill the field. In Forms Designer, patcotask form uses a field called pm.category as input for the "Open Incident Tickets of Category:" field. This field is configured to take values from a global list called $G.categories. I don't know what this gl is, but for incidents, there's another gl called $G.imCategories which contains the right values and is the same used in all incident formats (is the list that contains the same values as going to Incident Management > Configuration > Incident Categories). This is why at first I thought Scheduled Maintenance was creating problems instead of incidents.

Looking in Objects from SM, probsummary is set to use a gl called categories. I've tried to change this gl with no result.

Hope I was clear enough.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just for testing purposes, go back into Forms Designer and change the value list from $G.categories to incident or problem and see what happens.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The scheduled maintenace form may still reference the legacy categories table. Try adding category records for your custom categorythere (as scheduled maintenance may validate against that table. Then update the global list and retry.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.