Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Scheduled action interval doesn't work

Jump to solution

Hi, it's me again. I need your help.

I have a new requirement. If a Problem record wasn't updated after 15 days, it should send a notification. For that i've created a RuleSet with a Run Scheduled Action, in the Scheduled Action format I set Calc Field to Update Time, Calc Interval to 0 00:05:00 (5 minutes to do a test), Run Rule Set to pbm.notification.closure (for example) and Action after Rule Set to Do nothing. It runs but not at 5 minutes, the notification has sent after 13 seconds.

Please help. Any idea? or another method to do that?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Scheduled action interval doesn't work

Jump to solution

From where are you calling the Run Scheduled Action ruleset? On Update or After Successful Update?

If calling it from On Update, it's likely that the update.time used to schedule the alert is the last update time saved in the record prior to record save. Try calling it from the After Successful Update tab instead. 

Also, make sure to set the run time condition to confirm that no update has occurred (so that update.time<tod()-'15 00:00' so that previously scheduled events don't send notifications.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

From where are you calling the Run Scheduled Action ruleset? On Update or After Successful Update?

If calling it from On Update, it's likely that the update.time used to schedule the alert is the last update time saved in the record prior to record save. Try calling it from the After Successful Update tab instead. 

Also, make sure to set the run time condition to confirm that no update has occurred (so that update.time<tod()-'15 00:00' so that previously scheduled events don't send notifications.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
John,
That's it! I've been calling it at update. I change that to after successful update and it works.

Regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.