Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Scheduling reports

I am trying to set up report scheduling.  I have the email portion working to send the user a pdf file when they set up a report schedule.

But I can't get the part to work where it will save to a file share.

This is in Service Manager 9.40.  Under Reporting > Administration > Report Settings there is an option at the bottom for "Location for exported reports"  I have put the file share location there.  And it did not dump the file there.

I was told by HP Support to: Make sure you have already specified the path to save the exported reports and dashboards by adding the dashboard_export_path parameter to the sm.ini file.

I found this link that showed an example of setting up the dashboard_export_path parameter

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:saldLXaaED8J:86.48.81.222:6080/classic/Content/parameters/reference/startup_parameter_dashboard_export_path.htm&num=1&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1&vwsrc=0

Using that parameter in sm.ini didn't seem to work either. 

Has anyone gotten report scheduling to work to export to a file share and how exactly did you set it up?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Scheduling reports

Hi,

I am also facing this issue. Is it working for you?

I want to send the reports/Dashboard to send through email as attachment.My Sm version is 9.41

Regards,

Shameer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

We are able to send reports through email (just not save to a file share)

In addition to checking the option "Export reports via email by default" under Reporting > Administration > Report Settings I had to add the following line to the sm.cfg file on the server:

sm -JVMOption0:-Xms1024m -JVMOption1:-Xmx1024m report.export

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I know that this thread is quite old (May be before 3 years), but just thought of informing the solution. Below details are what I generally configure in SM 9.4x / 9.5x and 9.6x and every time it worked. Please have a look.

sm.cfg File:
#Reporting
#This starts 4 Background processes for the report scheduler
sm report.export -log:../logs/report.log

sm.ini File:
#Reporting
#Tells SM where to export reports if export to File Server
dashboard_export:C:\Reports

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.