New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Search Knowledgebase is causing Error

Hi Experts,

When I am  searching knowledgebase with service having brackets "( )" in its name (Ex.: GLOB-APS-ELN (GLOBAL SERVICE)), it throws an error and Search knowledgebase window gets closed.

Error message is as follows:

Process panel run.pre.exp in RAD se.call.process encountered error in line 12 (se.call.process,run.pre.exp)

Script 'hlrKMhelpers' line 129: ERROR Invalid property or field '5' for JavaScript class 'Datum' at char 1.

Screenshot attached.

Please help me in finding the root cause.

Please help.

Regards,

Avi

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What version of Service Manager is this? I've searched ScriptLibrary records and Process records in several of my test systems and cannot find a script or process named 'hlrKMhelpers'. Is this a tailored script that has been added to the system?

If this is Service Manager 9.3x then the following characters are reserved by SOLR: + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : \ /. In earlier versions of 9.3x including a parentheses in the search string could cause a problem, but by version 9.40 no errors are generated when including a parentheses in the search string.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you upgraded the KM for SM9.3x to SOLR? if so then you may need to load few script and change the configuration in sm.ini as well. 

Absent Member..

HI Brett,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using HPSM v9.40. I am getting this error in 9.4 as well.

Yes, the script "hlrKMhelpers" is custom tailored which has been added to my system.

HI Piku,

Thanks for your reply too.

I really am not sure whether KM upgradation is done or not. But, I can see in sm.ini, the following line is written:

#Search engine configuration
KMSearchEngineClass:com.hp.ov.sm.server.plugins.knowledgemanagement.solr.KMSolrSearch

Now, what else should I do to resolve the same?

Please give your valuable input.

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The error message thrown points directly to the custom script. Since I don't know the purpose of that script I cannot determine the exact problem other than saying the person who coded the tailoring needs to debug what is taking place. As I mentioned earlier 9.40 OOB does not have a problem searching with parentheses in the search string and earlier versions did.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hey,

Script trying return one if the array element, from array. 

Looks like your array no defined.

Post you JS function here.      

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.