Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Search using enter key

I am trying to search using the enter key with reference to kmknowledgebase.search.g

I have tried setting the Search button to 0 and the display option 300 on screen id: kmquery.default

But this does not work.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try to set the value to '0', in both fd and display option (in gui and text option put 0)

hth,
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What is the option selected in "On option 0" field in Display Screen?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

On the form the button id was 300. I set it to 0.

On the display option

Screen id = kmquery.default

id = kmknowledgebase.search.view_submitsearch

I set the gui option to 0 and the text option to zero. They were previously 300 as well.

Back on the search form the enter key works but the search returns "No records found" even though I know that there are knowledge documents in the knowledge library...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

then it means that there is issue in your button process.
Are you able to check search by manual hitting the button?
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yes, the same happens when I manually click the Search button...

I also get a SQL error with Enter and manual click on the Search button:

statement=SELECT m1."RECORD_KEY" FROM KMQUERYM1 m1 WHERE ((m1."QUERY" LIKE ? and m1."LOCALE" LIKE ? and m1."RESULTS" LIKE ? escape '\' and (1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1 or
 1=1 or 1=1) and (1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1) and m1."DOCSTART" = ? and m1."DOCCOUNT" = ? and m1."MAXDOCS" = ? and m1."SUBMITSTRING" LIKE ? escape '\' and
m1."INCIDENTLIBRARY" = ? and m1."KNOWLEDGELIBRARY" = ? and m1."INTERACTIONLIBRARY" = ? and m1."CONTEXTTAG" LIKE ? and m1."HITLIST" LIKE ? and m1."KNOWNERRORLIBR
ARY" = ? and m1."PROBLEMLIBRARY" = ? and m1."PREVIOUSQUERY" LIKE ? escape '\' and (1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1 or 1=1) and 1=1)) ORDER BY m1."RECORD_KEY" AS
C (se.search.engine,select.records)
SQL State: HY104-0     Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid precision value (se.search.engine,select.records)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi gdurso, I am also facing the same issue with HPSM 9.40 .Could you please tell me how you resolve the issue . Regards, Shameer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The error “Invalid precision value” normally occurs when the value of argument in field is outside the range of values supported by the data source for a column in SQL. I suspect you have done an upgrade to SM 9.40 and not a new install. Check your dbdict and database types againsts a new out of the box SM 9.40 version and see if there's a difference in one of the field data type.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.