Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Searching Closed incidents for statistics

Im trying to look back at all incidents that have been assigned to my team, inm basically trying to get a list where the update history has an "assignment change" action applied and i can then use my teams name.

will this bring back all incidents regardless of what state they are currently in. i want to see the number of incidents that get assigned and closed in a monthly period.

all efforts to attempt this in the search function have failed, i get nothing back at all.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Searching Closed incidents for statistics

hello,

Why are you looking in history and not in the probsummary table based on the assignment group name?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The update activities are not saved on the ticket itself (that is, for Incidents, the updates are not on the probsummary table) - they are saved to the activity table which corresponds to that type of ticket. So, for Incidents, the updates are saved on activity; for Changes, they are saved on activitycm3r - and so on. The types of activities (or the conditions which control the generation of a logged update activity) are specified on the activityactions table.

So, assuming that your activityactions table says to generate a record when the assignment group field on an Incident is changed, those actions will be logged on the activity table. Therefore, you could search the activity table for records where the Description field contains the text "Assigned to GROUP-NAME" (assuming that this is the wording which is logged; you can check activityactions to see the phrasing in the logged message).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how do i see the postsummary table?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Witj Search  for the Incidents (it is saved in probsummary table). You can use expert search for using your specific cretereas.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.