Commodore
Commodore

Searching bizservice joinfile

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is there a way to search for data in a join file via the Configuration Item search. For eample I have created a new field in the bizservice table call "app.id" and in the Configuration Item expert search I am trying to search using the following syntax.

bizservice,app.id=1158

I have not done a RAD trace but I assume the join does not happen till after the  record is found and you cannot search on a field in that table unless you search on it directly.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

From Search CIs, go to More-Search Specific Type. Select Business Service. You will then get the form used by Business Service, you can use that if your App ID field is on that form. Otherwise you can go to Expert Search, it will be prepopulated with: file.device,type#"bizservice" and you could add your additional query to that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

From Search CIs, go to More-Search Specific Type. Select Business Service. You will then get the form used by Business Service, you can use that if your App ID field is on that form. Otherwise you can go to Expert Search, it will be prepopulated with: file.device,type#"bizservice" and you could add your additional query to that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.