Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Seeking approval from delagated person for Change

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

We have given operator to delegate their approvals to another authorized operator.

Once approver delegated his approval, the other operator is able to access and approve all changes delegated to him. 

Now my requirement is, once new change is created seeking approval notification is should trigger to first operator and second operator. Currently it is triggering to the first operator who delegated approval.

Kindly suggest what I can call in recipient of approval notification to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,

VND

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi All,

Still I am struggling to achieve this.

Any inputs please.

Thanks,

VND

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

You don't mention your release, but this is already resolved out of box most current patches. Delegates are automatically included in approval notifications if they are active at the time the record is saved. 

What is your current release (application version, not RTE)?

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi John,

I am using sm9.3 with apllication patch 1(9.30.511).

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

In the 9.30 release, the out-of-box notification definitions for change management already include Delegates in change notifications. The attached file shows the relevant lines from the ChM Change Open notification definition.

Note that the original approver will always be notified, whether or not a delegate exists. But 9.30--since the first 9.30 release--has also notified delegates if the OOB notifications are used. If you upgraded to 9.30 from an earlier release, the Delegate notifications were not present in all SM versions.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi John,

Thanks for your mail.

I am using sm9.3 directly, not upgraded from any version.

I enabled all notifications as per the screenshot. still no luck.

Please advise me.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi All,

Still I am struggling to achieve this.

Any inputs please.

Thanks,

VND

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
We managed resolve this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am facing similar issue, please can you let me know how did you resolve it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.