Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Segmentation fault - (core dumped) error when Service Manager Starts

Dear Experts,

We are configuring Service Manager 9.40 in the Linux environment. We did the fresh installation with jdk1.7.0_76 (32 bit). When we start the Service Manager, we get the following error is logged in the process logs and after that no progress is happening. 

./sm: line 92: 35148 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) "${RTE_DIR}/${PROCESS_COMMAND}" "$@"

Can you please suggest what is the issue and assist us in resolving this..

Thanks in advance,

Regards

HR

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Segmentation fault - (core dumped) error when Service Manager Starts

Hello HR,
Hope you are doing well.

Upon investigation, I found the following documentation from HP to address this issue:
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000018650

Hope this helps.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Dear Jose_A_SM,

Thanks for your reply. I have the following JVM configuration in my sm.ini (JVMOption2:- Xss2m) as mentioned in the specified document.  but still the issue remains the same. Am I right in the following confgiuration..? please correct me if the following configuration to be changed.

JVMOption0:Xms512M
JVMOption1:Xmx1024M
JVMOption2:- Xss2m
JVMOption3:XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

regards,

HR

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No - before Xss. The hypen is used in the command line syntax. Not required when used via JVMOption. See examples in https://alvinalexander.com/blog/post/java/java-xmx-xms-memory-heap-size-control. Good luck.

JVMOption2:Xss2m

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Dear Jas1,

No luck. I tried with that also. still getting the same error.

JVMOption0:Xms512M
JVMOption1:Xmx1024M
JVMOption2:Xss2m
JVMOption3:XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

Regards

HR

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

same problem.... any update about this? thnks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What version of CentOS is this? Recently I solved a similar problem where RHEL 73 was upgraded to RHEL 75 and the kernel upgraded to 3.10.0-862.3.2.el7.x86_64. The segmentation fault errors began after this because the version of Java installed was jdk1.8.0_25. This version will not work with RHEL 75 and kernel 3.10.0-862.3.2.el7.x86_64. The resolution was to upgrade Java to a minimum of  jdk1.8.0_65 or higher. 

You should download the latest 32-bit Java and reset the symbolic link for Service Manager.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.