Established Member.. SteveZK
Established Member..

Send Email with differentsender addresses - Multiple Servicedesks

Hi,

we  are going to use Service Manager in more departments (IT, RH, BI) with 3 different servicedesk emails (it-servicedesk@xxx.xx, rh-servicedesk@xxx.xx, bi-servicedesk@xxx.xx)

Actually  I configured the email out in sm.cfg as follow :

#HPSM Servlet for Email Out to SMTP Connector
sm -emailout -sleep:30 -clean -smtphost:x.x.x.x -mailFrom:it-servicedesk@xxx.lu -log:../../../../../HPLogs/sm_email_out.log

Is  it possible to change the email sender address depending of the Servicedesk team (Assignment group) or has anyone an other idea how to realize  that the recipient see's where to reply ?

Any solutuions or ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
5 Replies
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Send Email with differentsender addresses - Multiple Servicedesks

Hi Steve.

hope you are doing well.

could you please take a look on these KM links:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01798363

and also

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM746054

thi could be related on what you need, just pay attention on that the first one still under investigation.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Established Member..

Hi Carlos,

thank's for the feedback but these cases are not in the direction I'm looking for.

I want to change the sender address depending of the operator. Usually, Service Manager always send with the email address specified in sm.cfg which is in our case it-servicedesk@xxx.lu.

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
PLP Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello,

With Service Manager you cannot do that.

I suggest you to use the ConnectIt product because this is possible to do that in the mapping of the scenario.

LPP

Global Support Delivery Software Support Expert

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hello Steve,

If you decide to use connect-it it will be possible. Using the HPSM SMTP connector it's not.

Best Regards,

Breno Abreu

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Established Member..

Hello,

so, COnnect has to be the way.

I know how to use connect it to open or update tickets by mail, but can some one give me a tip how to configure connect to sent an email depending on updates in an interaction or incident - replacing the html email in Service Manager ?

All ideas are welcome

Steve

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.